Happiness Bhutan Tour
Duration: 7 Nights 8 Days
Day 01 ARRIVE PARO, Bhutan (L/D)
Arrive at the Druk Air check in counter, International Airport, 2 hours prior to departure time. Fly into Paro Bhutan. As you start approaching Bhutan, you can see breathtaking views of the Great Himalayas on this flight. Arrive Paro where you will be welcomed to the Kingdom by your guide.
Drive to Thimphu. The drive from Paro to Thimphu is spectacularly scenic with magnificent Monasteries and Stupas in the valleys and mountain tops. Experience the "Last Buddhist Himalayan Kingdom" on Earth and take precious memories back home. Overnight Thimphu at Hotel.
Day 02 THIMPHU (B/L/D)
Full day sightseeing in and around Thimphu Valley. It is the largest town and Capital City of Bhutan. Some of the attractions include:-
- Visit the BIG Buddha Temple. Largest Bronze Buddha (51-Meters/169-Feet) Statue in the World and enjoy beautiful scenery of whole Thimphu Valley.
- Purchase world's most beautiful postage stamps, collector's items and postcards at face value from General Post Office which is right next to Bhutan National Bank.
- Visit Arts and crafts school where one can see young children at work.
- Visit Memorial Chorten built in 1974 to honour memory of Late King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk, popularly known as the Father of Modern Bhutan. A Multi-Storied Stupa that will introduce you to the vitality of Tantric Buddhism.
- Observe traditional paper making from Daphnia and Edgeworthia shrub to the finished product and purchase some beautiful writing sets from the factory.
- Visit Botanical garden (Zoo) where one can see Takin, the National wild animal of Bhutan.
- Drive beyond to visit the Zilukha Nunnery Temple and see more scenery of Thimphu Valley.
- Downtown Thimphu on foot visiting Handicrafts Emporium and other Arts & Crafts stores. Buy stunning kiras which can be used as bed covers or wall decoration, jewelry and many more. Overnight Thimphu.
Day 03 THIMPHU – PUNAKHA – (B/L/D)
Breakfast at the hotel. After breakfast, a leisurely drive towards Punakha and Wangdiphodrang Valleys through Dochula Pass (Alt - 10,000-Fet). If the weather is clear, one can see beautiful views of Bhutanese Himalayas and the Tibetan Plateau. You can also circumbulate around the 108 stupas and the victory temple and take great pictures at Dochula Pass. Afternoon visit Wangdiphodrang town. Overnight Punakha at Hotel.
Day 04 PUNAKHA – (B/L/D)
Full Day sightseeing in and around Punakha. Visit the most magnificent Punakha Dzong and hike through the rice fields and villages to Khamsum Yuly Namgyal Temple. For those who are adventerous, rafting can be arranged at an additional cost payable on actual. Overnight Punakha.
Day 05 PUNAKHA – PARO (B/L/D)
After Breakfast at the hotel, drive leisurely towards Paro via Thimphu Valley. Sightseeing stops en-route. Overnight Paro. Hotel
Day 06 PARO - HAA - PARO (B/L/D)
Full Day sightseeing drive to Haa Valley. If the day is clear, you can enjoy beautiful view Mount Jumolhari and nearby areas from Chelela Pass (Alt. 3,988-Meters/ 13,084-Feet). Haa Valley was opened to outside visitors very recently and it is one of the most beautiful small towns of Bhutan. Return to Paro for Overnight.
Day 07 EXCURSION TO TAKTSANG MONASTERY (B/L/D)
Day hike to Taktsang Monastery view point. Taktsang, meaning "Tiger's nest," is built around a cave in which Guru Rimpoche (Padmasambhawa) mediated, clings seemingly impossible to a cliff of rock at 3,000 feet above the valley floor. For the local people it is a place of pilgrimage, but for a tourist, a hike up to the view point opposite the monastery is exhausting, thrilling and mystical. The legend has it that Guru Rimpoche is said to have flown to the site of the monastery on the back of a tigress from Tibet and meditated in the cave there for three months. Overnight Paro.
Day 08 Depature (B)
After breakfast, transfer to Paro Airport for your departure flight. Tashi Delek!!!
Price: 2,100/- US Dollars per person (AP). Price is inclusive of following services:
- 4-Star Hotel on twin/double sharing basis.
- All Meals (Fixed Menu Buffet Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner & two bottles mineral water/day).
- Deluxe Car/Transport for entire trip duration within Bhutan only.
- Experienced English Speaking Guide for entire trip duration.
- All the Applicable Taxes and Service Charges.
- Bhutan Government Tourism Development Tax.
- All Applicable Entry Fees.
- Bhutan Visa Fee and Processing Charges.