Bhutan Cultural Trip Itinerary
Duration: 7 Nights / 8 Days
Day 01 ARRIVE PARO, Bhutan (L/D)
Arrive at the Druk Air check in counter, International Airport, 2 hours prior to departure time.
Fly into Paro Bhutan. As you start approaching Bhutan, you can see breathtaking views of the Great Himalayas on this flight. Arrive Paro where you will be welcomed to the Kingdom by your guide.
Drive to Thimphu.
The drive from Paro to Thimphu is spectacularly scenic with magnificent Monasteries and Stupas in the valleys and mountain tops. Experience the "Last Buddhist Himalayan Kingdom" on Earth and take precious memories back home. Overnight Thimphu at Hotel.
Day 02 THIMPHU (B/L/D)
Full day sightseeing in and around Thimphu Valley. It is the largest town and Capital City of Bhutan. Some of the attractions include;
- Purchase world's most beautiful postage stamps, collector's items and postcards at face value from general post office which is right next to Bhutan National Bank.
- Visit Arts and crafts school where one can see young children at work.
- Visit Traditional Medicine Institute where the ancient healing arts are still practiced.
- Visit Memorial Chorten built in 1974 to honour memory of Late King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk, popularly known as the Father of Modern Bhutan. A Multi-Storied Stupa that will introduce you to the vitality of Tantric Buddhism.
- Observe traditional paper making from Daphnia and Edgeworthia shrub to the finished product and purchase some beautiful writing sets from the factory.
- Visit Botanical garden (Zoo) where one can see Yak and Takin, the National wild animal of Bhutan.
- Drive up to view point and take a hike beyond to see the clear picture of Thimphu Valley.
- Downtown Thimphu on foot visiting Handicrafts Emporium and other Arts & Crafts stores. Buy stunning kiras which can be used as bed covers or wall decoration, jewelry and many more. Overnight Thimphu.
Day 03 THIMPHU – PUNAKHA – (B/L/D)
Morning, transfer to Punakha. Afternoon, sightseeing in and around Punakha Valley including visit to the magnificent Punakha Dzong. Punakha was the old capital of Bhutan and it is still the winter residence of Central Monastic Body. Punakha Dzong is the most Magnificent and Largest Dzong in Bhutan.
Overnight Punakha at Hotel
Day 04 PUNAKHA – GANGTEY/PHOBJIKHA – PUNAKHA (B/L/D)
Full Day Cultural and Nature sightseeing trip by car to the most beautiful valleys of Gangtey and Phobjikha. The most endangered birds like Black Neck Cranes folk here in winter for three months (Dec – Feb). Return to Punakha for Overnight.
Day 05 PUNAKHA – PARO (B/L/D)
After Breakfast at the hotel, drive leisurely towards Paro via Thimphu Valley. Overnight Paro Hotel
Day 06 EXCURSION TO TAKTSANG MONASTERY (B/L/D)
Day hike to Taktsang Monastery view point. Taktsang, meaning "Tiger's nest," is built around a cave in which Guru Rimpoche (Padmasambhawa) mediated, clings seemingly impossible to a cliff of rock at 3,000 feet above the valley floor. For the local people it is a place of pilgrimage, but for a tourist, a hike up to the view point opposite the monastery is exhausting, thrilling and mystical. The legend has it that Guru Rimpoche is said to have flown to the site of the monastery on the back of a tigress from Tibet and meditated in the cave there for three months. Overnight Paro
Day 07 PARO - HAA - PARO (B/L/D)
Full Day sightseeing excursion to Haa Valley. If the day is clear, you can enjoy beautiful view Mount Jumolhari and nearby areas from Chelela Pass. Return to Paro for Overnight.
Day 08 Depature (B)
After breakfast, transfer to Paro Airport for your departure flight. Tashi Delek!!!
Price per person per night in USD
Price is inclusive of following services
|01 - person||290||
|02 - persons||280|
|03 - persons||270|
|04 - person & above||250|