Bhutan Cultural Tour
Duration: 4 Nights 5 Days
Day 01 ARRIVE PARO, BHUTAN (L/D)
Arrive at the Druk Air check in counter, International Airport, 2 hours prior to departure time.
Fly into Paro Bhutan. As you start approaching Bhutan, you can see breathtaking views of the Great Himalayas on this flight. Up on arriving at Paro, where you will be welcomed to the Kingdom by your guide from Shangri-La Bhutan Tours.
Little more than one hour drive will reach you to Thimphu, the Capital City. Check into your hotel and have lunch.
After lunch, go for sightseeing. Some of the highlights of Thimphu includes:
- Weekend market.
- Purchase world's most beautiful postage stamps from General Post Office
- Arts and Crafts school and the Traditional Medicine Institute.
- Memorial Chorten built in memory of Late King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck, popularly known as the Father of Modern Bhutan. A multi-storied stupa that will introduce you to the vitality of Tantric Buddhism.
- Observe traditional paper making from Daphnia and Edgeworthia
- Visit Botanical garden (Zoo) where one can see Yak and Takin, the National wild animal of Bhutan.
- Drive up to viewpoint and take a hike beyond to see the clear picture of Thimphu Valley.
- Downtown Thimphu on foot visiting Handicrafts Emporium and other Arts & Crafts stores. Buy stunning kiras which can be used and bed covers or wall decoration, jewelry and many more. Overnight Thimphu.
Day 02 THIMPHU SIGHTSEEING – PUNAKHA & WANGDI (B/L/D)
Morning, do some more sightseeing in and around Thimphu. After lunch, transfer to Punakha and Wangdue Valley. Overnight Punakha.
Day 03 PUNAKHA SIGHTSEEING - PARO (B/L/D)
Sightseeing in Punakha and Wangdi Valley. Visit the most Magnificent Punakha Dzong, Famous Chimi Lhakhang, Punakha Town and many more. After lunch, drive to Paro for Overnight.
Day 04 EXCURSION TO TAKTSANG MONASTERY (B/L/D)
Hike to Taktsang Monastery. Taktsang, meaning "Tiger's nest," is built around a cave in which Guru Rimpoche (Padmasambhawa) mediated, clings seemingly impossible to a cliff of rock at 3,000 feet above the valley floor. For the local people it is a place of pilgrimage, but for a tourist, a hike up to the monastery is exhausting, thrilling and mystical. The legend has it that Guru Rimpoche is said to have flown to the site of the monastery on the back of a tigress from Tibet and meditated in the cave there for three months. Overnight Paro.
Day 05 DEPARTURE (B)
After breakfast, transfer to Paro Airport for your departure flight. Tashi Delek!!!
Price per person per night in USD
Price is inclusive of following services
|01 - person||290||
|02 - persons||280|
|03 - persons||270|
|04 - person & above||250|